Are you a leader in an organisation working for a more just, peaceful, and inclusive society? SI Leader Lab is a leadership programme for civil society leaders in Eastern Europe, South Asia or the MENA region who want to discover innovative tools and new forms of collaboration. Apply to SI Leader Lab if you want to grow as a leader, develop your organisation’s advocacy work and exchange knowledge in a network of inspirational peers.
SI Leader Lab is designed to strengthen the capacity of civil society organisations to drive successful advocacy work linked to Sustainable Development Goal 16 (promoting just, peaceful and inclusive societies). The programme brings together influential civil society leaders who are open to new digital solutions and innovative methods. The network consists of peers from across various sub-sectors in civil society and provides the participants with broad input from different spheres in the field.
The programme combines online workshops, in both regional and cross-regional learning groups, with regular coaching support. In May, all 90 programme participants will come together in Stockholm for an intensive week of onsite learning that deepens the experience and enhances collaboration.
The programme is an opportunity to develop your organisation’s advocacy work and strategic outreach. It is also an opportunity to grow as a leader, exchange knowledge, form new connections and test out innovative tools and methods with peers.
The programme features personal as well as professional development. It enables you to not only grow as a leader with renewed confidence and insights but also explore and develop how you and your team can lead and organise your work even more effectively to build a sustainable culture and increase your impact.
SI Leader Lab Will Give You
- Personal insights as a leader: how to lead yourself and others through increased self-awareness and increased understanding of group development.
- A stronger capacity in your organisation to successfully lead and organise teamwork.
- A stronger capacity in your organisation to lead and implement effective advocacy work.
- The possibility to share and build knowledge in a network of experts, to inspire each other and share experiences on common challenges
Applicants to SI Leader Lab must meet the following requirements (may be subject to change):
- Have a leading position in a civil society organisation or network working toward Sustainable Development Goal 16, within the 2030 Agenda. This can, for example, be an organisation working within such areas as peace and security, equality and inclusion, transparency and anti-corruption, accountability, and access to free information and media integrity.
- Work with a team in which they have a leadership role (formal or informal).
- Be between the age of 25 and 45 years old (born 1977 to 1998).
- Have a good working knowledge of both written and spoken English.
- Be a citizen of Afghanistan, Algeria, Armenia, Bangladesh, Belarus, Egypt, Georgia, India, Iraq, Jordan, Lebanon, Moldova, Morocco, Nepal, Pakistan, Palestine, Sri Lanka, Syria, Tunisia, Ukraine or Yemen.
- Be available to participate in all parts of the programme.
- Be prepared to implement tools, competencies and knowledge they gain from the programme in their team and organisation.
For more information, visit https://si.se/en/apply/si-leadership-programmes/leaderlab/