The Centre for Coordination of Agricultural Research and Development for Southern Africa (CCARDESA) is seeking applications for Gender-Responsive Climate Smart Agriculture Science-Policy Dialogue for Eastern, Central, and Southern Africa.
The International Livestock Research Institute works to improve food and nutritional security and reduce poverty in developing countries through research for efficient, safe and sustainable use of livestock. The call for presentations and for registration for the upcoming CSA science-policy dialogue for Eastern, Central and Southern Africa.
The main objective of the dialogue is to provide a forum for sharing evidence and innovations among relevant stakeholders towards influencing gender-responsive policy implementation and reforms with specific focus on CSA. The dialogue will include sessions dedicated to presentation various thematic areas of interest to CSA adoption and scaling, to nurture the policy and technical dialogue among academicians, researchers, managers, policymakers, small producer organizations, civil society organizations, agribusiness sector, and students.
- The dialogue organisers are seeking submissions related to five workshop thematic areas that clearly indicate how they affect the different target groups, viz vulnerable and resource-poor communities, particularly women, youth, the elderly, indigenous peoples, the marginalised and the differently abled people. The applications should include innovations and strategies to improve the situation in each case as follows:
- Food insecurity, yield gaps and productivity gains.
- Gaps and barriers in technology development and transfer, capacity building, access to finance and insurance services, knowledge management and information services, trade policy, etc.
- Gaps and barriers in commercialization, supply chains and value chain market development.
- Gaps and barriers in gender parity, social inclusion and access to resources.
- Gaps and barriers in policy development and policy implementation.
- The call for presentations and for registration for the upcoming CSA science-policy dialogue for Eastern, Central and Southern Africa.
- Submit a motivational essay of between 500- and 700-words detailing interest and clearly indicating the theme to which your idea applies.
For more information, visit https://ccardesa.org/discussions/call-abstracts-gender-responsive-climate-smart-agriculture-science-policy-dialogue