Deadline: 30 January 2017
The program Parceria Civica para Boa Governação (PCBG) implemented by Counterpart International (CPI), with funds from the US Agency for International Development (USAID), is seeking proposals from local and national Mozambican Organizations/Associations to improve accountable and effective democratic governance by strengthening the impact of civic activism in Mozambique.
- More effective advocacy by partner CSOs in target sectors.
- Strengthened organizational performance by partner CSOs.
- It is anticipated that each grant award will range between USD $75,000 – $400,000.
- The duration of programs funded is for a minimum period of 18 months and up to 32 months from the date of award but no later than December 2019.
Target Sectors and Thematic Areas
- Improving quality of basic education
- Health (retention and adherence)
- HIV&AIDS Care and Treatment
- Sustainable use of Marine biodiversity to support human wellbeing/life
- Climate change
- Climate Change and Vulnerability
- Extractive industry
- Transparency and accountability in the extractive industry
- Good Governance
- Engagement of citizens in governance processes
- Crosscutting themes and key principles
- Gender Integration and Social Inclusion (GISI)
- Partnerships and local ownership
- Networking and alliance building
- Capacity development
- Evidence based advocacy
- Be legally registered non-profit Mozambican entities, formally constituted, recognized by and in good standing with appropriate Mozambican authorities, compliant with all applicable civil and fiscal regulations, and with a bank account.
- Demonstrate successful past performance in implementation of activities related to PCBG target sectors.
How to Apply
Interested applicants must submit the concept notes in Portuguese and/ or English via electronically at the address given on the website.
Eligible Country: Mozambique
For more information, please visit Call for Proposals.