Deadline: 31 August 2016
- Projects promoting and facilitating access to education for girls and young women, including women/girls of the refugee population in Egypt.
- Projects supporting women’s participation in elections and enhancing the role of women in community leadership.
LCF range of funding varies from € 50 000 up to € 80 000 though there is flexibility to fund slightly smaller and larger projects.
- The LCF is available for Egyptian non-governmental organizations (NGOs) and other local non-profit civil society actors, such as: science and research institutions, foundations, independent media, cultural institutes and non-for-profit social enterprises. Applying organizations need to submit proof of registration with the Egyptian authorities.
- The LCF cannot be used for supporting activities of the national or local government and political parties, Finnish institutions or organizations, projects in which the beneficiary is a single person or private business, or projects serving purely religious or charity purposes.
- However, the Embassy does encourage civil society organisations to work with the national and/or local government. In all cases, the civil society organisation selected for funding is the Embassy’s contractual partner.
How to Apply
Interested applicants can apply by downloading the proposal template via given website and submit it at the address given on the website.
For more information, please visit Local Cooperation Fund.