Deadline: 31 October 2016
The Asian Forum for Human Rights and Development (FORUM-ASIA) is seeking proposals for its ASEAN Human Rights Mechanisms 2016 in order to strengthen skills and knowledge of civil society organizations (CSOs) and human rights defenders (HRDs) in Southeast Asia region about the existing ASEAN human rights mechanism.
- To create a new pool of human rights trainers with advanced knowledge on ASEAN human rights mechanisms.
- To advance the knowledge and skills about the ASEAN Human Rights mechanisms among CSOs and HRDs.
- To further strengthen cooperation and solidarity among CSOs and HRDs in the South East Asia region in the development and implementation of international advocacy together with FORUM-ASIA and its members and partners.
- FORUM-ASIA will provide scholarships for CSOs and HRDs from ASEAN countries on the basis of following criteria:
- At least 2 years of experience of work with CSOs in the ASEAN region
- Some experience of prior engagement with the ASEAN human rights mechanisms, ASEAN institutions, and/or CSO advocacy on ASEAN
- Strong commitment to conduct capacity development activities for national and local CSOs
- Selection of participants will take into consideration gender equality and diversity. Participants with special needs (person with disability) will be given priority.
- The training will be conducted in English and no translation support will be provided. The organizer does not require a formal English proficiency test, but a proof of English proficiency will be preferable.
How to Apply
Interested applicants must fill the application form via given website.
For more information, please visit FORUM-ASIA Regional Training.