Deadline: 1 October 2019
The MATRA Programme for social transformation has been running in Ukraine since 1993. MATRA started as a programme aimed at helping East European countries to become democratic, pluriform constitutional states with a strong civil society. Today, the MATRA Program still continues to help strengthening civil society organizations, democracy and the rule of law.
To respond effectively to the current developments and challenges in Ukraine, in 2020, the MATRA Program will focus on promotion of the rule of law, effective governance and civil society in Ukraine. These areas correspond to the spirit of the “Toronto Principles” set forth during the Ukraine Reform Conference held in July 2019.
- Enhancing the position of civil society organizations in Ukraine;
- Strengthening the rule of law with the focus on fighting corruption;
- Providing support for the implementation of the Association Agreement between the EU and Ukraine;
- Supporting the government to improve key reforms;
- Developing civic education and youth participation programs.
- The requested contribution should range between UAH 2.500.000 and UAH 4.500.000;
- Maximum project duration: 24 months;
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
- Be registered according to the Ukrainian legislation;
- Have an adequate track record, proven management capacity, and expertise in the selected priority areas;
- Be in operation for at least one year.
The project proposal is submitted in concept note form. The concept note template comprises three sections. Each section must be answered in strict accordance with the required maximum of words – the font size cannot be smaller than Verdana 9. Any concept note not meeting these basic requirements will be rejected without appraisal.
Concept notes should meet the following criteria:
- Focus on one or more of the above-mentioned priority areas;
- Lead to specific, measurable and meaningful results;
- Not duplicate activities funded by other donors;
- Be written in proper English. No Google or inadequate translation will be accepted;
- Twinning with Dutch civil society organizations can be considered.
How to Apply
Concept notes in English should be forwarded at the address given on the website.
For more information, please visit https://www.netherlandsandyou.nl/latest-news/news/2019/08/1/2020-matra-programme-call-for-proposals