Deadline: 15 September 2016
Open Society Foundations is currently inviting applications for its Civil Society Leadership Awards with an aim to provide fully funded master’s degree study to individuals who clearly demonstrate academic and professional excellence and a deep commitment to leading positive social change in their communities.
CSLA directly assists future leaders in countries where civil society is challenged by a deficit of democratic practice in local governance and social development.
- Communications and media
- Culture, history, and society
- Development studies
- Education management and leadership
- Environment and natural resource management
- Human rights and/or gender studies
- Law (including human rights law)
- Politics and international studies
- Public health policy and health management
- Public policy and administration
- Social work and social policy
- CSLA does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, or disability.
- Be a citizen of an eligible country
- Demonstrate maturity, flexibility, and civil society leadership potential
- Have excellent academic records and an earned bachelor’s degree before applying
- Have proficiency in the language of instruction (English, German, or French) at a level required for admission by partner universities, as evidenced by standardized language test scores
- Be able to participate in an intensive academic writing program in July or August 2017 and start their degree program in August or September 2017
- Be able to receive and maintain a visa or study permit as required by the host country
- Demonstrate a clear commitment to return to their home country or region to continue supporting open society development
How to Apply
All applicants are strongly encouraged to apply online via the given website.
Azerbaijan, Belarus, Cambodia, Democratic Republic of Congo, Egypt, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Laos, Libya, Myanmar/Burma, Republic of Congo, South Sudan, Sudan, Syria, Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan.
For more information, please visit Civil Society Leadership Awards.