Deadline: 31 March 2022
The Princess Sabeeka Bint Ibrahim Al Khalifa Global Award for Women’s Empowerment organized by UN Women in partnership with the Supreme Council for Women of the Kingdom of Bahrain recognizes the work of governments, the private sector, civil society organizations, and individual champions towards empowering women and girls worldwide.
The Award aims to encourage and promote worldwide efforts for the empowerment of women and girls while highlighting the achievements of individuals and institutions in this field.
The award aims to:
- Highlight the contribution of the public and private sector, civil society and women’s rights champions to worldwide efforts for the achievement of gender equality and the empowerment of women and girls.
- Promote women’s empowerment and equality between men and women.
- Encourage innovative approaches and solutions to achieve women’s empowerment in policy and programming, and to provide a global space to celebrate these achievements.
- Foster creative and inclusive thinking by communities to collaborate to achieve women’s empowerment, recognizing that equality for all, means prosperity for all and sustainable development for communities and nations.
It recognizes achievements towards women’s empowerment across four categories:
- Public Sector
- Private Sector
- Civil Society Organizations
- Individual Champions
The winner in each category will be awarded USD 100,000 to further sustain initiatives that support women.
Individual women’s empowerment champions, civil society, public and private institutions are encouraged to apply.
- Individual women’s empowerment champions, civil society, public sector and private sector entities are encouraged to apply in the relevant category
- This is a global award, open to all applicants worldwide who meet the application criteria.
For more information, visit https://www.womenglobalaward.org/en/about/global-award-for-women-empowerment