Deadline: 30 October 2017
The Joseph Rowntree Reform Trust Ltd (JRRT) is currently accepting applications for its grant program to support political campaigns in the UK to promote democratic reform, civil liberties and social justice.
The Trust seeks to:
- correct imbalances of power, supporting the voice of the individual, the small and weak where that voice is stifled by the group, the big and strong;
- strengthen the hand of individuals, groups and organisations who are striving for reform, speaking truth to power and challenging the systems that hinder justice;
- address the underlying causes of weakness and injustice in the body politic rather than remedying its superficial manifestations;
- foster creative intervention by anticipating and brokering change within the body politic;
- support a politically plural society by helping to correct the financial imbalance between the major parties;
- assist political liberals from all the major parties in the UK to promote new liberal ideas and policies.
Trust endeavour to meet its aims by:
- supporting causes, people or organisations where they share their values even when they may find little favour with mainstream opinion;
- supporting their grantees with more than money to create a supportive community of shared belief;
- being responsive and flexible, allowing them to adapt their priorities to the needs of their time;
- recognising that whilst the Trust might risk its money and reputation in its grant-making, those it supports often risk very much more;
- supporting those who have identified the point where the minimum amount of thrust will have the maximum effect.
Types of Grants
- Small grants – £7,500 or less
- Larger grants – over £7,500
Trust does not support:
- Unsolicited applications from registered charities.
- Unsolicited applications for work which may be funded from charitable sources.
- Campaigns outside the UK.
- Local campaigns without national impact.
- General appeals.
- Academic research.
- Work which they believe should be funded from statutory sources, or which has been in the recent past.
- Legal fees.
- Administrative or other core costs of party organisations.
- Personal support of individuals in need
- Educational bursaries
- Travel & adventure projects
- Building, buying or repairing properties
- Business development or job creation.
How to Apply
Interested applicants must submit required documents online via given website.
Eligible Country: UK
For more information, please visit JRRT Grants.