Deadline: 21 June 2017
The United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime (UNODC) is seeking applications for its Multi-stakeholder workshop to Strengthen Civil Society Capacity on the United Nations Convention against Corruption (UNCAC) and its review mechanism that will be held in Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina from 25-29 September 2017.
The engagement of civil society in the fight against corruption is crucial in preventing and combating this global plague. Four days of this workshop will provide participants with substantive expertise on UNCAC provisions, enabling them to contribute to the review alongside governments and other relevant stakeholders. The final day of the workshop will be dedicated to CSOs engagement with the private sector on anti-corruption and good governance.
- Only Civil Society Organizations (CSOs) based in the Southeast European Region can apply (focus on Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Kosovo, Moldova, Montenegro, Republic of Macedonia and Serbia).
- CSOs are defined as not-for-profit organizations including Non-Governmental Organizations (NGOs), community groups, trade unions, indigenous groups, charitable organizations, faith-based organizations, professional associations and foundations. Business is not included in this category.
- Only one representative per organization can apply.
- Priority will be given to:
- Organizations and representatives having experience in conducting monitoring, legal analysis, drafting reports, working with the private sector, advocacy, and the organization’s potential to make useful contributions to the review process and follow-up activities.
- Representatives having a good knowledge of English.
- Other elements such as geographical balance across the continent, diverse ideological and professional backgrounds; gender, ethnic and social diversity will also be considered in the final selection of participants.
- Only Civil Society Organizations can apply. Please note that only one representative per organization will receive funding. Exceptions may be made on a case by case basis. If your organization corresponds to these criteria and requires financial support to develop knowledge and skills to actively work with governments and the private sector on anti-corruption activities, we invite you to fill in this application form.
How to Apply
Applications must be submitted via email at the address given on the website.
For more information, please visit UNODC.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.