Deadline: 20 September 2016
The European Cultural Foundation (ECF) is currently inviting applicants for its third Idea Camp 2017 entitled “Moving Communities” that will focus on the current positive, radical resistance movements that are daring to counteract anti-democratic practices.
ECF’s Idea Camp is a three-day collaborative working platform organized within the framework of Connected Action for the Commons, a network and action research programme led by ECF together with six cultural organisations from across Europe.
Co-hosted by Platoniq, the Idea Camp will take place in Spain from 1 to 3 March 2017 and will bring together 50 participants, whose emerging, groundbreaking ideas demonstrate a firm desire to contribute to fostering political imagination, building bridges and effectively contributing to the development of a society with a stronger sense of social justice.
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
Based on the values of sharing, inclusion and openness, the Idea Camp offers Idea Makers a unique opportunity to meet peers from diverse backgrounds and with different visions from across Europe and its neighboring countries.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
- Following the Call for Ideas, 50 participants will be selected according to the guidelines.
- ECF will cover travel costs and all expenses related to the stay in Spain during the Idea Camp for a maximum of one representative for each idea.
- After the Idea Camp, participants will be invited to submit a concrete plan for further research or investigation of their ideas.
- A total of 25 proposals will be selected and consequently awarded an R&D Grant, up to a maximum of €10,000 each.
Idea Camps (2014-2017)
- The Idea Camp 2014 took place in Marseille, France and focused on the topic “Connected Action for Public Space“.
- The Idea Camp 2015 took place in Botkyrka, Sweden under the theme “Build the City”, applying the principles and ethics of the commons.
- The Idea Camp 2017 will take place in Spain on 1-3 March 2017 and will focus on the theme “Moving Communities“.
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
- Brings forward voices that are excluded from public debate and decision-making
- Has an open approach to the way people can learn, share and live together
- Applies a critical perspective to what could be a more accessible and inclusive society
- Strengthens the vision and practice of shared communities and coexistence
- Builds bridges across differing perspectives to help counter harmful public discourse
- Contributes to discussions about genuine integration opportunities and people’s rights and accountability.
- Fosters political imagination and promotes social justice, solidarity and equity among various social groups.
- Clear vision
- Cross-sectoral outreach and collaboration
- Local urgency and European relevance
- Significant and sustainable impact
- Implementation potential
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.
- The call is open to individuals and representatives of collectives/organisations who are:
- from the private, public or civil sector and bring a fresh, cultural and critical perspective to their practice
- based or active in EU/EFTA member states and in the wider European neighborhood
- Applicants (whether individuals or representatives) can submit only ONE idea and therefore only one representative from each collective/ organisation can attend the Idea Camp.
- Ideas must be submitted in English and attendees must have a comfortable proficiency in English in order to participate in the Idea Camp.
How to Apply
Interested applicants can apply via website.
(Ad) How to raise funds? Where can I find a list of donors for my area of work? How to write proposals? How can I submit a grant request to USAID, the European Commission or the Gates Foundation? How can I use Social Media to promote my work? We have developed powerful resources in the form of Ebook and Articles covering all this information and more. Learn more.
Albania, Algeria, Andorra, Armenia, Austria, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Belgium, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Egypt, Estonia, Finland, France, Georgia, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Jordan, Kosovo, Latvia, Lebanon, Libya, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Macedonia (FYROM), Malta, Moldova, Monaco, Montenegro, Morocco, The Netherlands, Norway, Palestinian Territories, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Russia, San Marino, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Syria, Tunisia, Turkey, Ukraine, United Kingdom.
For more information, please visit ECF Idea Camp 2017.