Deadline: 21 April 2019
Do you have an innovative and sustainable solution that can address the core challenges of urbanization in India? If yes, then apply for the Social Alpha Quest for Urban Livability program!
Social Alpha is currently accepting applications for a program entitled “Quest for Urban Livability” to curate and support technology innovations that, in partnership with the systems, can solve problems of urban livability in a scalable and sustainable manner.
- Technologies for waste segregation
- Solutions to promote transparency in waste supply chains
- Extracting value from waste through sustainable and efficient processes
- Water and Sanitation
- Fecal sludge management
- Treatment of wastewater
- Sustainable and effective utility solutions for urban water
- Water pollution and contamination- monitoring and treatment
- Monitoring and reporting of air pollution level indicators
- Avenues to contain pollution levels
- Sustainable materials for inclusive living
- Design interventions for sustainable housing
- Municipal Systems
- Data driven governance
- Systematic citizen participation and transparency
- Traffic management systems
- Smarter public transit systems
Up to 10 winners to receive:
- Pilots with urban local bodies (ULB’s), state governments or implementation agencies
- Access to seed capital of up to INR 1 crore per winner
- Hands-on support for business planning and go-to-market strategy
- Access to a curated set of knowledge offerings
- Mentorship by a set of qualified global and local experts
- Gateway to a diverse and large investor ecosystem
The program is a 6-18 month long engagement.
- Social Alpha Quest for Urban Livability is a search for start-ups, social enterprises, or non-profits who have created innovative solutions that can enhance the quality of living in mega urban centres and the growing cities of India. Individual innovators are not eligible to apply for the program. The applicant should be a registered company (whether for-profit or not-for-profit) in India. The shareholding by Indian promoters in the company should be at least 51%.
- Social Alpha is looking for start-ups/entrepreneurs that have:
- Innovations that can improve city level outcomes and enable higher quality of life in Urban India.
- Solutions that are replicable and can be scaled in other cities, communities and geographies
- Innovations that are at the prototype stage or further and can be readily piloted in an urban use-case
How to Apply
Interested applicants can apply online via the given website.
Eligible Country: India
For more information, please visit http://socialalphachallenge.org/