Applications are now open for the Community Achievement Awards to encourage, acknowledge and reward the valuable contributions that individuals, communities, and businesses make throughout regional and rural Victoria.
These awards aim to recognize their success and achievements, which contribute to making regional Victoria a better place.
- Awards Australia Community Group Award: The Community Group Award recognises groups that make a significant contribution to their community. These community groups share a strong sense of team spirit, and play a vital role in enhancing the social, economic, commercial and environmental prosperity of their region.
- GOTAFE Community Education Award: GOTAFE is the largest vocational education provider in regional Victoria. An intrinsic part of their local communities, they serve 11 government areas and a population of over 240,00 people. GOTAFE is passionate about supporting the growth and development of their regional communities to enable positive learning journeys.
- Prime Super Agricultural Innovation Award: Australian agricultural production and supply chain management has a long history of innovation to maximise efficiency, develop new products, and open new market opportunities, despite the challenges of climate, soil types and location. Nominees for the Prime Super Agricultural Innovation Award will showcase this spirit of innovation through their application of technology or process improvement to demonstrably enhance production and increase efficiency, maximising returns along the value chain, particularly where that value flows back to the primary producer.
- Prime Super Employer Excellence in Aged Care Award: With an ageing population, aged care facilities and the services they provide are an important part of the lives of an ever increasing number of people. The Employer Excellence in Aged Care Award recognises and acknowledges businesses, organisations and not for profits who have a strong focus on staff engagement, safety and well being, training and providing staff with higher education learning opportunities and development.
- Regional Development Victoria Business Achievement Award: In rural and regional areas successful businesses are making important economic contributions. Creative business and commercial ventures provide opportunities for regional growth, productivity, leadership, training and employment.
- Regional Development Victoria Leadership and Innovation Award: Tenacity, dedication, selflessness, leadership and innovative thinking are the key qualities of those amazing individuals who are the “driving force” in their community. These individuals are at the forefront of community contribution in their field of endeavour.
- Ricoh Australia Customer Service Award: Businesses and organisations spend a great deal of time and money trying to win and retain customers. The highly demanding discipline of customer service is arguably the critical success factor for many organisations and businesses.
- Southside Plumbing, Heating and Cooling Community Hero Award: The Southside Plumbing, Heating and Cooling Community Hero Award acknowledges those individuals making a significant contribution at a local level in regional and rural Victoria. There are many selfless people who, through their actions, have positively impacted the lives of others and their community.
- Category winners will receive $2,000 into an account in their name from Westpac, or a PRIME7 Television Package.
- One of the category winners will be named the “Westpac Regional Achiever of the Year” and receive an additional $2,000 and state trophy.
- All nominees and finalists receive a letter of congratulations and a certificate of encouragement for their nomination.
Conditions of Entry
- Entry is free. Eligibility for entry is dependent on the award category and may be open to businesses, groups, organisations and/or individuals.
- Nominees must be residing in regional or rural Victoria for a minimum of 2 years (unless a permanent resident currently working, studying or pursuing their profession elsewhere), or the nomination activity must be specific to regional or rural Victoria.
- Each nominee can enter a maximum of two categories only.
- All guidelines should be addressed in your online nomination. Supporting documents and photographs should be attached to your nomination if relevant.
- All nomination information, photos and supporting material may be used by the Awards office for promotional purposes.
- Nominees agree to media publicity and promotion associated with the Awards nomination, including any photos submitted or taken at the Awards Presentation ceremony.
- Nominees who are selected as Finalists should endeavour to attend the Gala Awards Presentation Dinner. Inability to attend does not disqualify entry.
- Previous winners of the Regional Achievement and Community Awards are not eligible to nominate again in an Award category they have already won.
- Four category finalists are selected for each category award.
- From the four category finalists, one is selected as the category award winner.
- From the category winners, one is selected as the overall winner, the Westpac Regional Achiever of the Year.
- Judging takes place after nominations close.
- The judging panel includes representatives from award sponsors, community leaders and independent expert judges for each category.
- The decisions of the judging panel are final and no correspondence will be entered into.
For more information, visit https://awardsaustralia.com/community-achievement-awards/vic