The Women’s International Network on Disasters Risk Reduction (WIN DRR) will award two cash prizes to highlight the work of women who are changing the field of disaster risk reduction by using inclusive approaches and demonstrating leadership in a previously male-dominated field.
- Nominations are encouraged from across the WIN DRR network and the broader DRR community.
- Individuals can nominate themselves or others by completing the form.
- Nominees must identify as women and be citizens/permanent residents of Asia-Pacific countries, who are working on disaster risk reduction across the Asia-Pacific region.
- For the purposes of this award those countries include: Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Brunei Darussalam, Cambodia, China, Democratic People’s Republic of Korea, Fiji, India, Indonesia, Islamic Republic of Iran, Japan, Kiribati, Lao People’s Democratic Republic, Malaysia, Maldives, Marshall Islands, Federated States of Micronesia, Mongolia, Myanmar, Nauru, Nepal, Pakistan, Palau, Papua New Guinea, Philippines, Republic of Korea, Samoa, Singapore, Solomon Islands, Sri Lanka, Thailand, Timor-Leste, Tonga, Tuvalu, Vanuatu, Viet Nam.
- People who are currently or who have previously worked as UNDRR or DFAT staff in the past are not eligible for the awards, though they are able to nominate others.
- People who are currently contracted with UNDRR in any capacity (e.g. as an intern, consultant or UNV), and people who are working for organisations that are currently contracted or receiving a grant from UNDRR are also ineligible.
For more information, visit https://www.undrr.org/news/undrr-announces-annual-award-celebrate-women-reducing-disaster-risk-their-communities