Deadline: 28 October 2016
Applicants are invited to apply for 5th Sustainable Urban Mobility Planning (SUMP) Award that recognizes local authorities that have developed a Mobility Plan that satisfies the diverse transport needs of people and businesses, whilst improving quality of life.
The aim of the award scheme is to encourage the adoption of Sustainable Urban Mobility Plans (SUMPs) by local authorities across Europe and to reward outstanding achievements in each year’s thematic priority area.
This year, the SUMP award will take freight in sustainable urban mobility planning as its theme. The 5th SUMP Award will recognize the local authority or region that has shown excellence in integrating freight in the development and / or implementation of its SUMP.
The theme of the 5th SUMP Award includes the economic dimension of sustainable urban mobility planning and is therefore strongly connected to the 2016 EUROPEANMOBILITYWEEK theme: The economic benefits of smart and sustainable mobility.
- Political or high-level representatives of up to ten shortlisted cities, including the three finalists, will be invited to attend the award ceremony, which takes place in March/April 2017 in Brussels.
- The winner will receive a professional video clip highlighting the inclusion of freight in the local transport system. Shorter video clips emphasizing the achievements of the finalists will be presented at the Award
- The competition is open to cities from the European Union and the European Economic Area (Norway, Iceland and Liechtenstein), that have initiated or completed the development of a Sustainable Urban Mobility Plan.
- ‘Cities’ include local and regional public authorities that have legal competence in developing and implementing a Sustainable Urban Mobility Plan on their territory.
- The contact person for each application must be a representative from a public authority.
- Consultancies and transport operators are not eligible. In case of doubt, applicants will be contacted to provide proof of their legal status as a local or regional public authority.
How to Apply
Applicants must use the application form available for download on the given website.
Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Republic of Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden and the UK, Norway, Iceland and Liechtenstein.
For more information, please visit Sustainable Urban Mobility Planning Award.