The call for applications has been launched for the CIVITAS Awards 2020 for some of Europe’s most prestigious prizes for sustainable urban mobility. It is a unique opportunity for cities to demonstrate their achievements and pioneering sustainable urban mobility activities.
This year will be remembered for many reasons; not least, it has been a year of radical change in the area of mobility. In light of this, the CIVITAS Awards 2020 are specially designed to showcase the efforts of CIVITAS cities that have rapidly and successfully adapted in response to the pandemic, demonstrating exceptional resilience.
Alongside this, the long-standing dedication of CIVITAS cities to sustainable mobility will again be recognized.
- The “CIVITAS Resilience” award, which will recognise cities that have introduced (ad-hoc) bold and transformational measures due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic. This is split into two categories, one for larger municipalities with over 100,000 inhabitants and one for smaller municipalities with less than 100,000 inhabitants; and,
- The “CIVITAS Legacy” award, which will reward a city that has translated its commitment to the CIVITAS network and sustainable mobility into high-impact, innovative measures.
- Custom acknowledgement: Winners will receive a custom certificate signed by the European Commission recognising their city’s commitment to cleaner, more sustainable public transport.
- Pan-European visibility: Your city will be showcased on the CIVITAS website and promotional material and receive pan-European media coverage.
- Invitation to speaking opportunities: Your city will be invited to speak at appropriate events as a role model for sustainable mobility.
- CIVITAS cities are invited to apply for some of Europe’s most prestigious prizes for sustainable urban mobility.
- All cities that have signed the CIVITAS Declaration and are members of the CIVITAS Forum Network are eligible to apply for both awards.
For more information, visit https://civitas.eu/awards