Deadline: 24 July 2017
Department of Health and Human Services, Administration for Children and Families (ACF), Office of Refugee Resettlement (ORR) invites the submission of applications for funding for a program entitled “Ethnic Community Self-Help (ECSH) Program”.
The goal of this program is to support Ethnic Community-Based Organizations (ECBOs) in providing refugee populations with critical services to assist them in becoming integrated members of American society.
- To strengthen ECBOs; provision of culturally and linguistically appropriate services to refugees within five years after their initial resettlement;
- To support ECBOs’ organizational development and engagement in capacity building by encouraging their collaboration with established refugee service providers and mainstream organizations;
- To support ECBOs in promoting community building and civic participation by refugee individuals and refugee community members.
- Estimated Total Program Funding: $2,000,000
- Award Ceiling: $200,000
- Award Floor: $100,000
- This Funding Opportunity Announcement (FOA) is open only to Ethnic Community-Based Organizations (ECBOs).
- For the purposes of this FOA, the Office of Refugee Resettlement considers an ECBO as a non-profit organization whose board of directors is comprised of at least 60 percent current and/or former refugees.
- The applicant must demonstrate that at the time of submission its board of directors is comprised of at least 60 percent current and/or former refugees.
- Faith-based and community organizations that meet the eligibility requirements are eligible to receive awards under this funding opportunity announcement. Faith-based organizations are encouraged to review the ACF Policy on Grants to Faith-Based Organizations .
- Applications from individuals (including sole proprietorships) and foreign entities are not eligible and will be disqualified from competitive review and from funding under this announcement.
How to Apply
Interested applicants can submit their applications via given website.
Eligible Country: United States
For more information, please visit grants.gov.