Nominations are now open for the Autism Hero Awards to highlight and celebrate the excellence taking place in the world of Autism.
This is a unique opportunity to celebrate and highlight accomplishments as well as enhancing Autism awareness and acceptance.
Through these annual Awards Anna Kennedy Online recognises significant achievements and celebrates successes and they seek to acknowledge the outstanding contributions and achievements of individuals, teams and organisations who have proved excellence, dedication, and commitments to impacting lives that have been making a real difference in the world of Autism.
- There are twelve categories in total for this year, for each application please do not write no more than 300 (Three hundred) words with examples how and why you feel that this individual(s) should win this category for the Autism Hero Award 2023.
- Parent/Carer of the Year Award
- This award will be presented to a parent or carer that has exceeded expectations. Please provide an example(s) of why you feel this special person is to be considered.
- Young Person of the Year Award
- Open to young people from 10 to 25 years old who have made outstanding progress to achieve something they are enormously proud of and/or has done something to help others, including those with Autism.
- Personal Achievement Award
- This award is for a child or adult with Autism that has exceeded their proficiency. Please provide an example(s) of how the nominee has gone beyond expectations and why you feel this special person is an admirable winner.
- Support group of the Year Award
- The Group Awards reward the incredible work carried out by Autism support groups which recognise the support group leaders and healthcare professionals, who give up their spare time to support and work closely with individuals, carers, relatives and friends can go for help and advice. The award highlight that local accessible support has a positive impact on.
- Leading Business Award
- This identifies an entrepreneur for a child, adult, company or business that has an exceptional success through the process of designing, launching, and running a new business or a small business who has made a real difference and contributed meaningfully to the world through your work or have been fully inclusive and to provide opportunities to individuals and given a secure platform to accelerate.
- Online Social Network Award
- This merit will be presented to any group or organisation that uses an online social network for people with Autism and their families; to give opportunities for people to meet others, make friends and find support within the Autism community.
- People’s Autism Hero Award
- This award is for an individual who works tirelessly in a voluntary role to raise Autism Awareness here in UK and campaigns for changes in Autism Services, an individual who goes above and beyond their profession to help people with Autism and their families.
- Outstanding Education Award
- This honour is for an individual who goes that extra mile to help a child/young person with Autism within an educational setting. We will be looking for an example(s) of how and why you feel this person is being nominated. Nominees falling into this category must be one of the following: Teacher, Teaching Assistants/Learning Support Assistants, Nursery Nurses, SENco/ALNcos, Head Teachers or Lunch supervisors
- Creative Arts and Media Awards
- This honour is for a child or adult with Autism that has exceeded expectations in a creative or performing arts. This could be art, design, music, dance or any performing talent that has shown individuality and talent that has inspired the world of Autism.
- Outstanding Community Award
- This recognises the best individual or groups that have a visionary flair. This could be singers, dancers, artists, musicians and designers that inspire the world of Autism and show individuality and talent for the most dynamic community project.
- Sibling of the Year Award
- This honour is for a brother or a sister who constantly supports their sibling with Autism in everyday life and shown outstanding support.Please provide an example(s) of why you feel this special person is to be considered.
- The Lifetime Award
- This honour is for an individual who has worked with dedication and commitment for Autism for the past 10+ years. This person will have raised Autism Awareness and may have campaigned for changes that have helped people with Autism, their daily lives and their families.
- Parent/Carer of the Year Award
- Rules for Entry
- The awards are open to everyone.
- All entries are treated confidentially.
- Entries will be judged by a panel of reputable independent and impartial adjudicators.
- Entries will not be returned.
- One copy of the submission is required.
- Use one entry form per entry. Photocopies are acceptable.
- Judging will take place in September 2023
- All finalists will be notified by October 2023
- The winner will be announced at The Hero Awards Night – date and venue to be confirmed.
For more information, visit https://autismheroawards.com/