On the occasion of International Youth Day, RYCO Local Branch Office Kosovo, in close cooperation with the German Embassy in Kosovo, is pleased to announce the establishment of the ‘Harmony Hero Awards.’
The purpose of the Harmony Hero Awards is to celebrate the achievements of these exceptional individuals, inspire others to engage in peacebuilding activities and provide a platform for showcasing successful peacebuilding initiatives. By recognizing their efforts, they hope to foster a sense of pride, accomplishment, and responsibility among the award recipients.
- Recognize and celebrate young individuals who have actively contributed to peacebuilding efforts.
- Inspire and motivate other young people to engage in peacebuilding activities.
- Provide a platform to showcase and share the successful peacebuilding initiatives of young individuals.
- Foster a sense of pride, accomplishment, and responsibility among award recipients.
- To ensure inclusivity and acknowledge various forms of peacebuilding efforts, the Harmony Hero Awards will have multiple categories. They invite nominations for the following categories:
- Community Engagement: Recognizing young individuals who have initiated grassroots peace initiatives within their communities.
- Advocacy and Activism: Honoring young activists who have raised awareness and campaigned for peace and social justice.
- Innovative Initiatives: Acknowledging young individuals who have shown exceptional innovation and entrepreneurship, contributing to environmental sustainability, or utilizing technology for positive impact in promoting peacebuilding and conflict resolution.
- Education and Research: Recognizing young scholars and educators who have contributed to peace education and research.
- Art and Creativity: Celebrating young artists who have used their creative talents to convey messages of peace and harmony.
- Each winner of the Harmony Hero Awards will receive a monetary prize of 500 euros in recognition of their exceptional contributions to peacebuilding. This prize aims to support and encourage the continued efforts of the awardees in promoting harmony and peace within their communities.
- Additionally, the winners will be presented with a prestigious trophy and a certificate of recognition during the award ceremony.
- Young people from Kosovo 18-30 years’ old
- Community Engagement: This category recognizes young individuals who have initiated grassroots peace initiatives within their communities. The nominee should have actively participated in community-based peacebuilding activities, demonstrating a commitment to fostering peace and harmony.
- Advocacy and Activism: This category honors young activists who have raised awareness and campaigned for peace and social justice. The nominee should have actively engaged in advocacy and activism activities related to peacebuilding and social justice, showcasing a strong dedication to promoting positive change.
- Innovative Initiatives: This category acknowledges young individuals who have shown exceptional innovation and entrepreneurship, contributed to environmental sustainability, or utilized technology for a positive impact in promoting peacebuilding and conflict resolution. The nominee should have implemented innovative initiatives that have made a tangible and positive impact on peacebuilding, whether through entrepreneurial ventures, environmental sustainability projects, or the use of technology.
- Education and Research: This category recognizes young scholars and educators who have contributed to peace education and research. The nominee should have demonstrated significant contributions to peace education and research through academic work, curriculum development, publications, or impactful initiatives that promote a deeper understanding of peacebuilding.
- Art and Creativity: This category celebrates young individuals who have utilized art and creativity as a powerful tool for promoting peace, harmony, and social change. The nominee should have demonstrated various art forms (such as visual arts, music, dance, theater, literature, or multimedia) to convey messages of peace, reconciliation, and social transformation.
- Note: Self-nominations are also accepted.
- Note: Nominees can only be considered for one award category. The eligibility criteria are designed to ensure that the nominations align with the specific focus and objectives of each category.
Technical Criteria for Nomination
- They expect nominations from and/or for individuals aged 15-30, coming from all regions and backgrounds in Kosovo.
- They expect that an organization (non-governmental organization, company, education institute) nominates only one person or one group of young people.
- They expect that an individual nominates only oneself or the group they belong to.
- Nominations can be submitted by individuals or organizations familiar with young individuals’ outstanding peacebuilding efforts.
- Nominators should provide a brief description of the nominee’s achievements and how they have contributed to peacebuilding.
- Nominations should include the nominee’s name, age, contact information, and the award category they are being nominated for.
For more information, visit Regional Youth Cooperation Office (RYCO).