Through this program, She’s the First develops emerging organizational leaders over the course of three years by providing fiscal sponsorship and training on topics such as human-centered design, strategic program design, financial management, and monitoring, evaluation & learning. GCI organizations will be able to raise funds through She’s the First and will receive mentorship and guidance from within the organization.
Please note that this is not a grant opportunity, but rather a training incubator.
Training is co-designed with the fellows to address their most pressing needs, and it is aimed at building the leadership capacity of fellows as well as strengthening their organization and the ecosystem they operate in. At the end of each workshop, the fellows are given a project to work on that will help them incorporate and implement learnings in their organizations.
They are currently looking for a second cohort of fellows who meet the following:
- She is a femme-identifying person and is 18-28 years old.
- She has started or co-founded a community-based organization within the last 1-3 years.
- Her organization focuses on girls.
- She is from Kenya, Tanzania, South Sudan, Uganda, Nepal, or India.
- She is serving her local community.
- She understands and communicates in English comfortably.
- She has consistent access to secure internet.
For more information, visit She’s the First.