The 100+ Accelerator is inviting startups that have solutions to increase the well-being of the people, consumers, and communities so they can fully participate in social, cultural, and recreational activities.
The 100+ Accelerator is launched by AB InBev to help the company reach its ambitious sustainability goals faster by finding startups that could deliver breakthrough advancements across five key sustainability pillars—water stewardship, smart agriculture, circular packaging, climate action and upcycling. In its first two cohorts, more than half of the startups secured long term contracts with AB InBev. The Coca-Cola Company, Colgate-Palmolive Company and Unilver joined AB InBev’s 100+ Accelerator to fund and pilot sustainable innovation in supply chains. In its first three cohorts, the 100+ Accelerator has worked with 70 startups in over 20 countries.
Types of Solutions
They are looking for these type of solutions:
- Care and Hygiene
- Technologies or initiatives that promote hygiene and personal care.
- New delivery forms for Oral Care and Wellness beyond TP/MW (gels, patches, tablets, powders, others).
- Oral Care solutions for underserved populations (diabetics, disabilities, rural, elderly, low-literacy, and lower socio-economic population).
- Skin care health diagnostic and monitoring solutions.
- Consumer and professional Oral Care solutions for the prevention, treatment and monitoring of dental caries and periodontitis at-home and in-office (excludes restoration, bone regeneration).
- Balanced Nutrition
- Solutions that can support consumers in making smart food & drinks choices (e.g. AI powered).
- Technologies or initiatives that promote hydration.
- Technologies or initiatives that promote affordable micronutrients.
- Technologies or initiatives that support feasible calorie reduction.
- Solution to improve the efficacy of health beneficial fractions from botanicals (e.g. delivery systems for natural antioxidants, immune supporting, anti-inflammatory, etc.).
- Community Wellness
- Integrated telehealth/teledentistry platforms/patients and consumer engagement digital platforms.
- Funding pilots up to $100,000 USD.
- Each partner has committed to one year with an option to renew.
- The 100+ Accelerator will provide support, guidance and access to potential funding through:
- Pilot customer opportunities with the four corporate partners: AB InBev, Unilever, Coca-Cola, and Colgate Palmolive (including the potential to scale company-wide)
- Active mentorship, training and programming in product development, go-to-market, operations, sales and more
- Top mentor network of scientists, academics, domain experts, venture capitalists, corporate sustainability leaders, etc.
- Potential funding from Partner Companies and their networks
- The success of the 100+ Accelerator is not contingent on the amount of capital that the startups will go on to raise at the end of the program.
- They are seeking startups from around the world to answer the challenges and are eager to identify technologies and best practices that can be shared across the businesses and beyond.
- Other companies that share the common vision are welcome to join the 100+ Accelerator as a partner in the future.
- The 100+ Accelerator is looking for innovative solutions that have the ability to scale quickly and make a significant impact on one or more challenge areas. The Accelerator focuses on startups that have a product in market or are prepared to go to market. Also, the Accelerator is particularly interested in supporting great teams: companies led by passionate entrepreneurs who have surrounded themselves with diverse talent that are in the best position to succeed.
- Startups that have demonstrated traction in the form of IP, revenue, clients, pilots or contracts etc. will have the best chance of getting accepted.
- A large part of the program is based on launching pilots to validate product/market fit. Therefore, they are primarily looking for startups that have either a product that is ready to go to market or already in-market. Earlier stage companies will be considered by rare exception only.
- Applicants will be evaluated on a rolling basis. Scoring will be assessed based on the following values:
- Fit with identified sustainability challenges
- Ability to demonstrate traction/product market fit
- Market expertise and team
- Capacity to carry out pilot in selected global zone
For more information, visit 100+ Accelerator.