The Youth Fund: COVID-19 Action (TYF) is a new fund to support youth action around the world, where the decisions on which projects are funded, are made by the youth. The fund is supported by the UN Major Group for Children and Youth, ActionAid, and Restless Development in collaboration with UNFPA.
This first call for applications will focus on supporting actions taken by registered youth-led organizations to tackle the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic as part of the Compact for Young People in Humanitarian Action’s Youth Compact Champions program.
- The maximum funding that will be provided for each project will be US$ 5,000. However, they will review applications of all amounts up to US$ 5,000 in an effort to support as many organizations as possible for maximum impact, while still ensuring the quality of support provided by The Youth Fund team during the implementation and reporting phase.
- The project activities must not exceed 2 months. All activities must be completed by 31st November 2020 upon receipt of funds.
- They will prioritize projects which will use the funds to support groups and communities particularly vulnerable to the impact of COVID-19 including but not limited to displaced or conflict-affected people, women, youth, persons living with disabilities, older people, LGBTI+ community, marginalized ethnic or religious communities, communities.
- Preference will be given to projects taking place in harder to reach locations where support to tackle the impact of COVID-19 is less available.
- Country: Your project must take place in one or more of the following countries where The Youth Fund partners are present: Cameroon, Ethiopia, Ghana, Kenya, Liberia, Malawi, Mozambique, Nigeria, Senegal, Sierra Leone, Tanzania, Uganda, Zambia, Zimbabwe, Argentina, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, USA, Afghanistan, Bangladesh, India, Myanmar, Nepal, Pakistan, Thailand, Denmark, Greece, Italy, United Kingdom, Algeria, Djibouti, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Lebanon, Libya, Morocco, Palestine, Qatar, Somalia, Sudan, Syrian Arab Republic, Tunisia, Yemen.
- Youth-led organization: You must be a registered youth-led organization (young leaders aged approximately 18-35). Your registration can be with your relevant local authority or a government ministry. Funding will not be provided to individuals.
- Existing COVID-19 project: Your COVID-19 project must be an ongoing initiative in response to the COVID-19 pandemic, and operating in accordance with WHO’s guidance. This funding will not support new projects.
- Collaboration: Preference will be given to projects which demonstrate collaboration with other partners (local authorities, government ministries, civil society, the media) tackling COVID-19.
- Impact: Preference will be given to projects that impact at least 300 people directly.
- Financial management: They will prioritize organizations that can provide financial reports for their organization’s previous projects.
- Organisation Bank Account: All organizations submitting an application must have a bank account that is in the name of the organization submitting the application and requesting the funds. Funds cannot be transferred to a bank account in an individual’s name. Funds can only be transferred via an international bank transfer and not via any other means such as Western Union, mobile cash transfer, cheque, cash payment, etc.
Youth organizations can submit their applications requesting funding using the application form in Arabic, English, French, or Spanish.
For more information, visit https://www.youthcompact.org/compact-champions