Deadline: 1 April 2020
Young. Loud. United (?) is the title of this year’s award. The Youth Democracy Award is a prize offered by the German Federal Agency for Civic Education (Bundeszentrale für politische Bildung). It is independently organized by a youth jury consisting of volunteers, apprentices, pupils and college students aged 17 to 25.
The Youth Democracy Award 2020 will be given to a project that was created by young people. The project should aim to bring people with different experiences in contact in a creative and refreshing way, so that discussions can thrive.
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
For the past twelve years, they have annually awarded outstanding projects by committed young people with prize money up to 3000 Euros.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
- You, the leading heads of the project, are between the ages of 14 and 27 years. The idea has been developed by yourselves and you are independently implementing it. You are allowed to be supported by adults such as teachers, for example. In your project, you try to keep all people involved on an equal level.
- Youth Democracy Award is looking for innovative and creative projects from all over the world that are dealing with the topic of democracy. “Democracy” does not only mean free elections and legislation but also the commitment for a colorful and vivid society. All forms of projects: a youth council, a monthly cooking meet-up, a video project, the organisation of a sports event or something completely different are accepted. Let your imagination run free!
- Your actions and the events of the project have to be in accordance with basic democratic principles.
- Your project needs to be non-profit. Projects that have been financed and/or implemented solely by the German Federal Agency of Citizen Education (Bundeszentrale für politische Bildung) cannot be taken into consideration.
- The time span of your project can range from a day to a few months or even a few years. Projects that have already been finished cannot be longer ago than a year (cutoff date: 15.04.2019).
How to Apply
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
- Incomplete applications cannot be taken into consideration. This means, every question on the web form needs to answered.
- The application via web form is mandatory. The filled in web form is the one and only relevant document in order to select the winner. Therefore, any other information cannot be taken into account. Please refrain from sending additional material or information.
- Applications which deviate severely from the maximum word count will not be taken into consideration. The web form will assist you and will not allow any surplus.
- Every application has to be submitted either in German or English via given website.
- All legal proceedings are barred.
For more information, visit https://www.bpb.de/veranstaltungen/format/wettbewerb/304250/youth-democracy-award-2020