The Consulate General of Sweden in Istanbul hereby announces its call for applications for projects in 2021. The Section for Turkish-Swedish Cooperation at the Consulate General of Sweden in Istanbul has promoted collaboration between the two countries since 2001.
The Section aims to support civil society organizations throughout Turkey, to function as a resource for the partners, and to provide a platform for public debate. The Section’s support is guided by the Results strategy for Sweden’s reform cooperation with Eastern Europe, the Western Balkans and Turkey 2014-2020.
Consulate General of Sweden encourages projects that foster collaborations between different institutions and sectors of society; that include activities in multiple regions of Turkey and that are co-funded with other grant makers. They also encourage that a gender equality perspective is mainstreamed into the applicant’s organizational structure as well as their working methods and in the activities of the project.
For 2021 they particularly welcome applications for projects that focus on:
- Creating opportunities for exercising human rights, especially freedom of expression and advancing democratic participation and accountability.
- Enhancing women’s and girls’ participation and influence in decision-making processes at all levels and in all areas, and providing forums where they can make their voices heard.
- Strengthening a pluralistic civil society that can work against social polarization and discrimination.
- Legally registered CSOs, foundations, associations, think tanks and universities are welcome to apply. Applications from individuals or businesses are not eligible.
- In order for your project to be eligible for review by the section for Turkish-Swedish Cooperation, you must complete the “Grant Application Form”.
- The form must be completed in English.
For more information, visit https://www.swedenabroad.se/en/embassies/turkey-istanbul/current/news/call-for-project-applications/