Deadline: 20 June 2017
The OPEC Fund for International Development (OFID) is seeking applications for its Development Leaders Scholarship 2017 to build essential infrastructure, strengthen social services delivery and promote productivity, competitiveness and trade.
This year OFID will sponsor 16 young leaders (including five Colombian nationals who also reside in Colombia) who are active in international development to participate in the One Young World Summit 2017 which takes place in Bogotá, Colombia from 4 – 7 October.
- Access to the One Young World Summit 2017 in Bogotá, Colombia
- Hotel accommodation on a shared basis between 4 October and 7 October
- Catering which includes breakfast, lunch and dinner.
- Transport between the Summit accommodation and the Summit venue.
- Summit hand-outs and support materials.
- The cost of travel to and from Bogotá.
Applicants must be:
- Aged 18 – 30
- A national of one of the below mentioned countries.
- Please note that five of the places available are reserved for Colombian nationals who also reside in Colombia.
How to Apply
Interested applicants must apply online via given website.
Eligible Countries: Afghanistan, Albania, Angola, Antigua and Barbuda, Argentina, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Bangladesh, Barbados, Belize, Benin, Bolivia, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cambodia, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Central African Republic, Chad, China, Colombia, Comoros, Congo D.R., Congo Republic, Costa Rica, Cote d’Ivoire, Cuba, Djibouti, Dominica, Dominican Republic, Egypt, El Salvador, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gambia, Georgia, Ghana, Grenada, Guatemala, Guinea, Guinea Bissau, Guyana, Haiti, Honduras, India, Jamaica, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kenya, Korea DPR, Kosovo, Kyrgyz Republic, Lao PDR, Lebanon, Lesotho, Liberia, Macedonia, Madagascar, Malawi, Maldives, Mali, Mauritania, Mauritius, Mongolia, Morocco, Mozambique, Myanmar, Namibia, Nepal, Nicaragua, Niger, Pakistan, Palestine, Panama, Papua New Guinea, Paraguay, Peru, Philippines, Rwanda, Samoa, Sao Tome and Principe, Senegal, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Solomon Islands, Somalia, Sri Lanka, St. Kitts and Nevis, St. Lucia, St. Vincent, Sudan, Suriname, Swaziland, Syria, Tajikistan, Tanzania, Thailand, Togo, Tonga, Tunisia, Turkey, Turkmenistan, Uganda, Uzbekistan, Vietnam, Yemen, Zambia, Zimbabwe.
For more information, please visit Development Leaders Scholarship 2017.