Deadline: 30 September 2019
Applications are open for the Direct Aid Program (DAP) that provides small grants for activities that support development and strengthen communities in India. Over the past decade, DAP has built linkages and fostered relationships between Australia and these communities.
The Australian Consulate-General in Mumbai supports small-scale, sustainable development projects in Goa, Gujarat and Maharashtra, with grants typically up to AUD 20,000/ INR 10 lakhs.
The Australian Consulate welcomes high quality applications that will support development and strengthen communities in Goa, Gujarat and Maharashtra across all sectors. While they always seek a diversity of projects, this year they are especially looking for projects that will support development through:
- economic and social empowerment of women and girls
- enhancing the lives of people with disabilities
- health and sanitation
- helping the poor achieve sustainable livelihood
Regardless of the type of project, all applicants should consider the impact of the project on women, children or other disadvantaged groups, such as people with disabilities. Projects should be self-sustainable beyond the term of the grant.
- Grants are typically provided up to AUD 20,000/ INR 10 lakhs.
- The majority of grant funding must be used to cover the direct project expenses.
- DAP funding is available to NGOs and academic institutions engaged in development activities on a not-for-profit basis.
- To receive a DAP grant in India; all organizations must have renewed Foreign Contribution (Regulation) Act (FCRA) approval.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their proposals via given website.
For more information, please visit https://mumbai.consulate.gov.au/mbai/Direct_Aid_Program.html