Deadline: 30 June 2017
In what kind of Europe does the young generation wants to live in and how do they want to achieve it? How to establish social justice in a Union where the gap between rich and poor member countries seems to be growing? How to create a democratic structure in which people feel heard and represented? And, how do young people want the Union to represent Europeans in the rest of the world? What are Europe’s obligations regarding poverty, terror and war?
Taking all these questions into consideration, The Heinrich Böll Foundation European Union is inviting young Europeans from all Member States and the UK to Brussels in order to discuss with each other, with actors of the European institutions, NGOs and think tanks as well as with journalists and local politicians, initiatives, students and academics in Belgium how they see their future in and for Europe.
The Heinrich Böll Foundation EU will reimburse the travel costs; participation, accommodation and catering are free.
- Candidates should have an EU nationality; at the time of application reside in their home countries and be aged between 19 and 30; they should be active in a professional, social and/or political context where the gained experience and knowledge will be useful.
- They should be knowledgeable about the policy and history of the European Union, interested in European cooperation and solutions and have an affinity with green political ideas.
- Fluency in written and oral English is required.
- Creativity, team spirit and perseverance are called for.
How to Apply
- Candidates should send a CV and a letter of motivation in which they explain why they want to participate, what they expect from the programme and what they think they can contribute, before 1 July.
- Participants have to commit themselves to prepare a presentation of ten minutes on a topic of their choice within the programmatic frame offered.
- Applicants can apply via email at the address given on the website.
Eligible Countries: Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Czech Republic, Croatia, Cyprus, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, United Kingdom
For more information, please visit this link.