As part of the second edition of the Sport Impact Awards, Sport Impact has launched a call for applications to honour and reward a selection of initiatives with a strong economic and social impact in Africa.
The second edition of the Sport Impact Awards will reward the commitment of a new class of winners to replicate the best sport projects on the African continent.
The Sport Impact Awards ceremony is part of the Sport Impact Summit, a federating event that brings together personalities and international decision-makers in order to address, in a very concrete way, issues at the heart of the development of sport and development through sport in Africa.
Each winner will also receive a financial or equipment grant as well as support from Sport Impact in the promotion and enhancement of the winning initiative during several events planned in the second half of 2023.
The ceremony will take place on the evening of 1 June 2023 at « The Venue » in Dakar, Senegal. The winners will be announced at the ceremony.
Themes Open for Application
- Sport & Health: Rewards the best initiative promoting sport for better physical and mental health.
- Sport & Education: Initiative Rewards the best initiative working for the development of education and civic, economic and social integration of young people through sport.
- Sport & Gender: Rewards the best initiative to promote gender equality through and in sport. The initiative will be selected based on its positive impact on the ground, its ability to promote sport as a means of empowering women and its contribution to improving gender equality in sport.
- Sport & Inclusion: Rewards the best initiative promoting access to adapted sports activities and practices for people with disabilities or in vulnerable situations.
- Sport & Innovation: Rewards the best initiative working towards the development of sport through an action, a product or an innovative service.
- E-Sport: Initiative of the year Rewards the best initiative contributing to the development and promotion of e-sports.
- The call for applications is open to legal entities active on the African continent (associations, foundations, local authorities, associative sports clubs, federations, EIGs/CIGs, cooperatives, public institutions, private structures and other declared groups).
- The applicant structure must have implemented an initiative during the year 2022 in the field of sport in relation to one or more of the themes eligible for this call for applications.
- By submitting its application, the candidate organisation acknowledges that it has read these terms and conditions and agrees to accept the jury’s decision to award or not to award the trophy.
- To be eligible for the Sport Impact Awards, the candidate must meet the following conditions:
- To have deployed an initiative in Africa in the field of sport related to one or more of the themes eligible for this call for applications.
- To have deployed the initiative submitted in 2022 on the African continent
- Submit a complete application, incomplete applications will not be considered.
- Five other trophies not eligible for nomination will also be awarded during the ceremony:
- Public action of the year
- Sports competition of the year
- Sports infrastucture of the year
- Sport Impact Leaders Prize
- Jury’s Special Prize
For more information, visit Sport Impact.