Within the scope of the EU-funded project “EU4Youth: Social Entrepreneurship Ecosystem Development (SEED) for Green Growth in Borderline Regions,” CENN launches a Social Innovation competition in Ninotsminda, Gori and Akhmeta municipalities.
The aim of the Social Innovation Competition is to identify and support projects that develop and foster social innovative and entrepreneurial ideas in Ninotsminda, Gori and Akhmeta municipalities.
- The main objective of the competition is to empower young people (18-29 years old), people with disabilities, vulnerable groups living in remote, borderline villages, girls, eco-migrants and ethnic minorities.
- The expected results of financial assistance are to address social and environmental challenges and transform them into successful projects through green innovation and inclusive growth opportunities.
Social Innovations competitions consist of the following steps:
- I Step – primary application submission (01/12/2020 – 01/01/2021);
- II Step – primary submission evaluation (10/01/2021);
- III Step – GREENcubator acceleration program (19/01/2021- 12/02/2021);
- IV Step – final application submission (15/02/2021);
- V Step – evaluation and funding (15/02/2021).
- Circular Economy;
- Climate Smart Decisions;
- Sustainable Resource Management;
- Green Cities and Transport;
- Health Care;
- Social Integration;
- Regional Strategies – Economic Diversification and Improving Living Standards.
The following individuals and entities are eligible to participate in the competition:
- Residents of legal age in Georgia between the ages of 18-29; legal entities registered in Georgia; agricultural cooperatives with a registered status; non-profit legal entities (non-governmental; organization, foundation, association, etc.); individual entrepreneurs; initiative groups, educational institutions; public institutions; legal entities and cultural-educational organizations of Gori, Ninotsminda and Akhmeta.
For more information, visit http://www.cenn.org/caucasus-social-innovation-competition/