Deadline: 8 June 2020
The Innovate Now Cohort 2.0 has been launched with mobile solutions to assist persons with disabilities with access to information and resources in times of emergency such as the unfolding COVID-19 pandemic.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
Innovate Now is Africa’s 1st Assistive Technology Innovation Accelerator and Inclusive Innovation Ecosystem. It comprises a series of 3-6 month-long accelerator programs that support Assistive Technology venture across: design, product development, disability expertise and business expert.
The Innovate Now assistive technology accelerator is supported by a series makerthons (ideation, design and prototyping hackathons), live-labs (network persons with disabilities that support problem validation, testing and customer validation) and the inclusive innovation ecosystem (network of funders, business and AT mentors, AT2030 disability inclusion programs and partners).
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
Innovate Now is part of the Spark Innovation Sub-program of AT2030-Life Changing Assistive Technology for All, a £20 million led by the Global Disability Innovation Hub in partnership with partners worldwide across the UK, Africa and India. Innovate Now aims at helping to launch 60-80 new AT ventures through targeted world-class venture acceleration support, live-labs network for building and testing with persons with disabilities and a mentor network of local and international business, AT and disability experts.
Themes-Mobile and AT:
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
- Bridging the access gap to Assistive Products and Services using mobile technologies
- Bridging access to information, services and resources for persons with disabilities in times of national and international difficulties such as pandemic
- Access to Kenya-based and global mentors and subject matter experts.
- Access to the growing network of virtual Live-Labs-A unique concept that allows you to test, get feedback and validate directly with persons with disabilities across Kenya.
- Technical Assistance: tangible, direct support relating to what’s needed for your startup succeed: legal, marketing, fundraising, experimental design, pitching and investor readiness.
- Access to the global inclusive innovation ecosystem and partner network across organisations of persons with disabilities, universities, funders, Assistive Technology experts, disability experts, inclusive design experts, corporates and NGOs.
- Access to Investor readiness support and the funding ecosystem e.g. AT2030 Scale Fund.
Innovate Now is looking for:
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
- The best of mobile-focused innovation-driven ventures bridging access to assistive technology and the best mobile-focused ventures targeted to persons with disabilities in their access to information, resources and help in times of emergency, such as the COVID-19 pandemic;
- Addressing a relevant problem within the Innovate Now Cohort 2 themes;
- A team of innovative, execution focused-agile problem solvers;
- Do you have a passion for making a significant impact on the lives of persons with disabilities through a sustainable and scalable venture?
- Led by an authentic founder(s);
- Have a culture of empathy, continuous learning and problem;
- Structured in a functional and efficient team (defined ownership, commitment, roles and accountability) and organisation (systems, processes and resources).
- Geography: Africa
- Stage: Seed-stage ventures past proof-of-concept with MVP and some traction (e.g. users, paying customers, working product)
- Sector: AT and mobile-focused Startup ventures
- Legal Entity: Both for-profit and non-profit social enterprises registered in any East Africa country or with demonstrated presence in East Africa Community
- Inclusive Participation: Persons with disabilities and women highly encouraged to apply.
- Age: Applicants must be of legal working age in Kenya (18 years) or guaranteed by a guardian of legal working age. They must have all the legal rights to work in Kenya.
For more information, visit https://atinnovatenow.com/cohort-2-0/
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.