Deadline: 26 July 2021
Chicas Poderosas, with the support of the Google News Initiative, developed its online course to learn how to build work teams in the media through the recognition of diversity, inclusion, equity, belonging, and transparency.
Modelo para Armar: A course to work as a team from difference, is an invitation to reflect and build forms of work based on the experience of women and LGBTTQI + people who, from different territories, social classes, racialized and with disabilities, exercise journalism and communication in all its forms and formats.
Modelo para Armar exists to address, discuss, define, redefine, question, deconstruct and hack the spaces in which they do journalism, the way they do it, which they are when they do it and for whom they do it.
During five modules, journalists, activists and professionals who work in the media will reflect on topics such as:
- Intersectionality, Race, Ethnicity and Power
- Genres in Dispute
- People with Disabilities and Anti-Capability
- Alternative models of economy and market
- Gender violence
How this Course will be developed?
- This course includes online training, training materials and tutoring sessions aimed at people who work in the media, media entrepreneurs, multimedia creators, journalism students, academics and researchers who will find relevant and motivating content to face the journalistic challenges of today.
- Modelo para Armar is a personal experience that the participants will be able to build to measure. It is a free, open and asynchronous course, so that each person can take it at their own pace during the 6 weeks in which it will remain open, at the times and on the days that are most convenient for them.
- The material is organized into five modules that will be available from day one so that you can take them at your own pace. Each module will cover a different topic through videos, texts, audios, testimonials, exercises and readings.
- This course is very flexible, and if you are behind with the materials, you have the entire duration of the course to finish them. They recommend that you complete each of the following points before the end of each week so as not to be left behind:
- Course contents (in video, text or audio)
- Readings and exercises
- Additionally, people who participate in the course will have access to group conversations on social networks, live webinars and discussion forums. In their Facebook Group they will clarify doubts, share experiences and talk between participants and trainers.
For more information, visit https://chicaspoderosas.org/academy/curso-modelo-para-armar/