Do you have an inclusive, new solution? Is it easy to extend and adapt your solution? Nominate it for #ZeroCall23: the Zero Project Call for Nominations 2023!
The Zero Project encourages nominations from all sectors of society – policy makers, startups, academia, civil society, businesses – and especially, those relating to multiple or severe disabilities, humanitarian action, gender equality, the arts, sexual orientation, psychosocial disabilities, or other multiple disadvantaged groups.
The Zero Project Call for Nomination is based on a research-driven approach that aims to identify, curate, and share inclusive solutions, as intended and encouraged by Article 32 of the United Nations (UN) Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities (CRPD). In order to achieve this objective, the Zero Project engages with a worldwide cross-sectoral network of innovators, decision-makers, and disability experts. Both the research and selection processed involve and rely on the expertise of people with lived experience of disabilities.
The #ZeroCall23 topic of Independent Living & Political Participation, and ICT relate to a range of UN CRPD articles, which will be referenced in each of the individual for your reference.
- Independent Living: Empowered choice for persons with disabilities where to live and with whom is realised through access to supported services. Projects in this topic also help them to integrate with their communities.
- Political Participation: Expressing opinions on issues of concern through voting processes, consultations, dialogues or demonstrations of different forms and representing themselves is a right of persons with disabilities according to UN CRPD Articles 21 and 29.
- Information and Communication Technologies – ICT: Information and Communication Technology has become very important for persons with disabilities. They have therefore decided to include this topic in each call for nominations.
Why become a Zero Project Awardee?
Among hundreds of ZeroCall nominations, a panel of experts and peer-reviewers will evaluate, scrutinize, provide feedback, and select outstanding practices and policies – the Zero Project Awardees.
In addition to international recognition, the renowned Zero Project Award provides numerous benefits to its Awardees, such as:
- Each Awardee will be invited to present at the annual Zero Project Conference at the United Nations (UN) Offices in Vienna, Austria.
- Awardees receive access to the Zero Project Network, which includes leading organizations, such as the UN, governments, the business sector, international funding agencies, foundations or globally active non-government organizations.
- Moreover, additional opportunities present themselves for Awardees that intend to scale internationally, or to replicate their solutions.
- ZeroCall23 is looking for solutions from all over the world!
- It calls on inclusive, innovative, and scalable solutions from around the world to submit their nominations, which will be evaluated in a multi-step process that includes peer-review and voting.
- A select number of solutions will receive a Zero Project Award and support through the Zero Project Network.
For more information, visit https://zeroproject.org/zerocall23