Deadline: 30 June 2017
The Kuwait Foundation for the Advancement of Sciences (KFAS) is currently inviting applicants for its 2017 Al-Sumait Prize “Education” in order to advance economic and social development, human resources development and infrastructure in the African continent.
- Improving people’s access to basic or advanced education.
- Improving literacy among all members of society.
- Decreasing the dependence of children’s education on the socio-economical status of their parents
The Prize is worth 1 Million US Dollars.
- A candidate must have tangible achievements and creative works up to the desired level for the prize.
- The submitted work must be of paramount importance in promoting economic and social development, human resources development and infrastructure in the African continent.
- Studies and applied research must be published in referred journals and need to be circulated and recognized on a global level in the allocated announced field. The research outcome needs to have been applied after publication in African countries within the past ten years. Adequate evidence needs to be provided.
- Projects and initiatives should be relevant to the prize and must include sufficient evidence of the achievements during the past ten years. The evidence should include an expert’s opinion and documented results obtained from the application of these initiatives or projects.
- Nominations are to be accepted from the institutions and scientific centers (universities, institutes and centers of scientific research) as well as from regional or international organizations and awards, former winners in the field of the prize or former evaluation members Self nominations are not accepted.
- All documents (studies, researches, reports, projects etc.) should be submitted electronically.
- All submissions must be submitted in English.
How to Apply
Interested applicants must fill the nomination form via given website.
Eligible Countries: Algeria, Angola, Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cabo Verde, Cameroon, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Congo, Republic of the Congo, Democratic Republic of the, Cote d’Ivorie, Djibouti, Egypt, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gabon, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Mauritius, Morocco, Mozambique, Namibia, Niger, Nigeria, Rwanda, Sao Tome and Principe, Senegal, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Somalia, South Africa, South Sudan, Sudan, Swaziland, Tanzania, Togo, Tunisia, Uganda, Zambia, Zimbabwe.
For more information, please visit 2017 Al-Sumait Prize.