The U.S. Embassy Bangkok is now accepting applications for the Spring 2022 Young Southeast Asian Leaders Initiative (YSEALI) Academic Fellowship to advance regional strategic goals, break down barriers that separate the next generation of leaders in Southeast Asia, and link those emerging leaders to the United States.
- Civic Engagement: The YSEALI Academic Fellowship on Civic Engagement will provide Fellows with an overview of how citizens have shaped U.S. history, government, and society both as individuals and groups.
- Environmental Issues: The YSEALI Academic Fellowship on Environmental Issues will explore the role that environmental policy has played in the economic and political development of the United States.
- Social Entrepreneurship and Economic Development: The YSEALI Academic Fellowship on Social Entrepreneurship and Economic Development will provide Fellows with an overview of entrepreneurial approaches that are employed to address social and economic issues.
- All participants will receive the Department of State’s coverage of $100,000 with a $25 co-pay for the duration of the program.
- Pre-existing conditions may be covered up to $100,000, subject to policy exclusions and limitations.
- ASPE also covers up to $500 for routine COVID-19 testing requirements in the United States. COVID-19 is treated like any other illness under the ASPE policy.
- Candidates from Thailand interested in the topics of Civic Engagement, Environmental Issues, and Social Entrepreneurship and Economic Development are invited to apply for this opportunity.
- The YSEALI Academic Fellows are expected to be full-time undergraduate students from college, university, or other institutions of higher learning; or have graduated in the past four years, who demonstrate leadership through academic work, community involvement, extracurricular activities, or their profession.
- Their fields of study will be varied, and may include the sciences, social sciences, humanities, education, business, and other professional fields.
- Please note the U.S. Department of State’s commitment to inclusion of people with disabilities in all programming. Host universities will provide special accommodations for YSEALI Academic Fellows with disabilities as needed.
- Between the ages of 18 and 25 at the time of application
- A citizen of Thailand
- A resident of Thailand
- A full-time undergraduate student from college, university, or other institutions of higher learning; or have graduated in the past four years
- Proficient in reading, writing, and speaking English
- Not a U.S. citizen or permanent resident of the United States
For more information, visit https://th.usembassy.gov/call-for-applications-spring-2022-yseali-academic-fellowship/