Deadline: 4 September 2016
DGAP’s EU-Middle East Forum (EUMEF), in cooperation with the German Federal Foreign Office, the Institute for Foreign Cultural Relations (ifa), the Robert Bosch Stiftung, the Heinrich-Böll-Stiftung, and the Rabat Social Studies Institute (RSSI), is inviting applications for its upcoming capacity building workshop on “Socio-Economic Challenges and Opportunities: What Does the Future Hold for Morocco and Tunisia?” (Scenario Planning and Strategic Policy Analysis).
The Forum is designed for twenty young and mid-level experts and professionals from the MENA region and Europe, working in think tanks, research institutes, politics or civil society organizations, and whose work focuses on socio-economic developments in Morocco or Tunisia.
- To analyze and generate knowledge about factors shaping socio-economic developments in Morocco and Tunisia in the mid-term
- To sensitize participants for current tendencies and possible future trajectories of relevant actors in Morocco and Tunisia
- Capacity building in the fields of alternative, strategic, future oriented, and joined thinking, structured communication, and democratic discussion culture
- To connect young and mid-level professionals and multipliers from North Africa and the Middle East and Europe who work on similar subjects
The main protagonists and target group of the workshop are young and mid-level professionals (aged around 27-40) with at least two years of professional work experience in policy analysis or policy making in think tanks, academic research institutions, politics or civil society, with a focus on Morocco or Tunisia. Participants should come from or currently reside in Morocco, Tunisia, other countries of the MENA region, or the EU.
How to Apply
Interested applicants must submit an attached application form along with the required documents via email.
- MENA Countries: Algeria, Bahrain, Djibouti, Egypt, Iran, Iraq, Israel, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Malta, Morocco, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Syria, Tunisia, United Arab Emirates, West Bank and Gaza, and Yemen.
- EU: Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Republic of Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden and the UK.
For more information, please visit EUMEF.