Deadline: 3 August 2018
Nominations are open for The Barry & Marie Lipman Family Prize at the University of Pennsylvania that is an annual global prize given to one organization that celebrates leadership and innovation in the social sector with an emphasis on impact and transferability of practices.
The award recognizes and amplifies the work of organizations devoted to positive social impact and creating sustainable solutions to significant social and economic challenges. The ultimate goal is to spread the global lessons found in local success.
Announced each spring at an award ceremony at the University of Pennsylvania’s Wharton School, the Lipman Family Prize includes
- A $250,000 unrestricted cash award for the winning organization and $50,000 for each of the two other honorees.
- An ongoing partnership with the University dedicated to knowledge sharing and support of the organization. This includes promotion of their work and accomplishments in the Lipman Prize network of organizations, Penn faculty and alumni, and social impact funders.
- Access to tuition-free executive education programs at Wharton Executive Education and the Center for Social Impact Strategy, valued at approximately $15,000.
- Applicants encourage organizations from around the globe to apply. They look for organizations that have a proven effective service model and capacity for growth. While the organization should be building a track record of success, it may not yet have gained significant recognition.
- For the winner, this Prize brings its work to a larger audience, attracts new potential donors, and provides resources that will help scale the work or improve organizational sustainability. Organizations do not have to operate outside of their home country to win the Prize. It also equally encourage applicants serving areas of North America to apply along with those from other regions of the globe.
- The Lipman Family Prize is targeted toward organizations addressing social and economic issues that are usually addressed by the Nonprofit/NGO/Civil Society sector. As a result, the majority of organizations that apply are considered “nonprofit” organizations. They expect that applicant organizations meet the following criteria in order to apply for the Prize:
- Registered as a nonprofit in the United States or hold an equivalent incorporation status in their home country.
- In operation for three years or more.
- Annual operating budget of $500,000 USD or more.
- No funding is directed towards individuals, direct lobbying expenses to influence legislation or elections, programs with religious content, or programs that discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, age or disability.
How to Apply
Applicants can apply via given website.
For more information, please visit Barry & Marie Lipman Family Prize.