Deadline: 31 October 2016
Do you love challenges? Do you have ideas how to expand economic opportunities for youth in East Africa? Do you have solutions including ideas that motivate and inspire youth, build skills that allow them to participate in the economy, support their transition into financial stability, include the private sector, or harness the potential for the participation of young people in the region’s most lucrative sectors? Can you clearly articulate an answer to the challenge question for youths ages 15-35? If yes, than apply for OpenIDEO Youth Empowerment Challenge.
OpenIDEO is an open innovation platform and currently seeking ideas for its Youth Empowerment Challenge through its Amplify program that aims to collaboratively designing solutions that expand economic opportunities for youth in East Africa.
Amplify is an ongoing OpenIDEO program that focuses on improving the lives of the billion people living in extreme poverty around the world.
Amplify is a series of ten innovation challenges bringing increased collaboration and a human-centered design approach to international aid. Amplify is a joint initiative of OpenIDEO, IDEO.org and the UK Department for International Development (DFID).
Prize Information and Benefits
- At least five winners of this challenge will receive a grant of between $50,000 and $150,000, an invitation to four day human-centered design bootcamp and ongoing design support from IDEO.org.
- Training on the theory and practice on human-centered design alongside other winners as part of our Design Bootcamps.
- $10,000 to begin prototyping (test) their ideas for 3 months.
- A share of $500,000 in funding.
- Technical assistance and design support from designers at IDEO.org.
- Design for gender equality and inclusion
- Youth as change agents
- Skills that match markets
- Design for transitions
- Design for long-term safety and security
How to Apply
Interested applicants can apply via given website.
For more information, please visit OpenIDEO Youth Empowerment Challenge.