This fellowship is for mid-career professionals working at the policy level who have a record of leadership and a commitment to public service. Fellows are based at leading U.S. universities for ten months to pursue self-designed programs to include independent study, coursework, and an internship with an organization in a field of their expertise.
The program seeks to foster an exchange of knowledge and mutual understanding between U.S. citizens and their professional counterparts from Uganda. Successful applicants will be placed at participating universities in the United States for the August 2021 to June 2022 period.
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
- Sustainable Development
- Agricultural and Rural Development
- Economic Development/Finance and Banking
- Natural Resources, Environmental and Climate Policy
- Urban and Regional Planning
- Democratic Institution Building
- Communications and Journalism
- bLaw and Human Rights
- International Religious Freedom
- Public Policy Analysis and Public Administration
- Trafficking in Persons Policy and Prevention
- Technology Policy and Management
- Human Resource ManagementEducation
- Educational Administration, Planning and Policy
- Higher Education Administration
- Teaching of English as a Foreign Language
- Public Health
- Public Health Policy and Management
- HIV/AIDS Policy and Prevention
- Substance Abuse Education, Prevention, and Treatment (see note below)
- Contagious and Infectious Diseases
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
The Humphrey Fellowship provides:
- Round-trip economy international travel for the grantee;
- A monthly maintenance allowance and funding for books and professional activities;
- Tuition and university fees;
- Limited accident and sickness insurance for the grantee only.
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
Applicants for the Humphrey Fellowship must meet all of the following criteria:
- Have a Bachelor’s Degree;
- Have five (5) years of substantial experience in their field of expertise;
- Have demonstrated leadership qualities and a record of public service;
- Be fluent in English
For more information, visit Hubert Humphrey Fellowship.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.