Deadline: 23 September 2016
United Nations Industrial Development Organization (UNIDO) is seeking applicants for its Global Start-up Business Plan Competition 2016 (GSBPC) with an aim to stimulate and unleash the spirit of entrepreneurship and innovation among aspiring and existing entrepreneurs with ideas that contribute to their personal economic benefit and towards developing their communities.
The main points to focus on are:
- The business idea – uniqueness, viability, relevance
- The product and services – description, impact, market need
- Competitor analysis – description, opportunity
- Target market – definition
- Marketing plan – nature, relevance, objectives
- Start-up costs and Financials
- They will also receive the following start-up capital:
- 1st Place: $15,000
- 2nd Place: $10,000
- 3rd Place: $5,000
- All three winners will additionally be rewarded with:
- The top 50 applicants will receive: Counselling and mentoring through UNIDO ITPO Bahrain (AICEI) for a period of 6 months.
- Participants must be aged between 18 and 35.
- Open to (an) entrepreneur(s) with a new business idea or (an) existing entrepreneur(s) with a startup in its early stages.
- Participants must use the Business Plan Template.
- Open to individuals or teams of maximum 3 members.
- Applications must be completed in English.
How to Apply
Applicants must fill the Registration Form via given website.
Note: Winners will be notified on 7 October 2016.
For more information, please visit UNIDO’s Global Start-up Business Plan Competition.