Deadline: 31 December 2016
The U.S. Embassy in Baghdad is pleased to announce that the application period for the 2017 Middle East Partnership Initiative (MEPI) Student Leaders Program (SLP) is now open. MEPI is a U.S. Department of State initiative that supports organizations and individuals in their efforts to promote political, economic, and social reform in the Middle East and North Africa.
MEPI SLP supports the goals of the U.S.-Iraq Strategic Framework Agreement by providing opportunities for Iraqi undergraduate students to develop leadership skills and promote democratic principles during a six-week summer program in the United States.
- The MEPI Student Leaders Program will take place from June 25 – August 5, 2017.
- Students are placed in one of six hosting U.S. colleges or universities where they participate in a five-week academic residency and a one-week educational study tour within their university’s region.
- The study tour is designed to complement and reinforce the concepts explored in the academic residency.
- The program will address common themes, including a comparative analysis of leadership styles, conflict resolution and group dynamics, and the role of civil society in the democratic process.
- Applicants must be 20-24 years old, undergraduate or graduate students, citizens and residents of Iraq, have a good command of the English language, and have a sustained high level of academic achievement.
- Applicants must also be able to participate fully in intensive academic, community service, and educational travel activities.
- They must have a serious interest in pursuing leadership opportunities in Iraq and deepening their civic engagement, as well as be willing to take advantage of opportunities to inform and educate Americans about Iraqi society and culture.
How to Apply
Applications must be submitted online via given website.
Eligible Country: Iraq
For more information, please visit MEPI Students Leaders Program 2017.