The Live Your Dream Awards is offering three levels of cash awards up to $16,000 to help offset tuition costs, purchase books, get transportation, or find reliable childcare so she can worry less about how to pay her bills and focus on reaching her dreams.
Recipients have the potential to receive $1,000 – $16,000 to further their education:
- Club-Level: Award amounts vary, but club-level recipients receive an average of $1,000 from a local Soroptimist club.
- Region-Level: Local recipients then become eligible for a $3,000 or $5,000 region-level award.
- International Finalists: Region-level award recipients then become eligible for one of three international awards.
You are eligible to apply if you are a woman who:
- Provides the primary financial support for yourself and your dependents. Dependents can include children, spouse, partner, siblings and/or parents.
- Has financial need.
- Is enrolled in or has been accepted to a vocational/skills training program or an undergraduate degree program.
- Is motivated to achieve your education and career goals.
- Resides in one of Soroptimist International of the Americas’ member countries/territories (Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Canada, Chile, Colombia, Ecuador, Guam, Japan, Korea, Mexico, Northern Mariana Islands, Palau, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, Philippines, Taiwan, United States of America, Venezuela).
- Has not previously been the recipient of a Soroptimist Women’s Opportunity or Live Your Dream Award.
- Does not have a graduate degree.
- Is not a Soroptimist member, an employee of Soroptimist International of the Americas or immediate family of either.
For more information, visit https://www.soroptimist.org/our-work/live-your-dream-awards/apply-for-the-live-your-dream-awards.html