Deadline: 1 August 2018
The UNESCO Mahatma Gandhi Institute of Education for Peace and Sustainable Development (MGIEP) is inviting applications for its Transforming Education Conference for Humanity (TECH) to showcase the role of digital technologies in enabling a shift from “transmissive pedagogies” to “transformative pedagogies” to create peaceful and sustainable societies.
The conference will take place from 15-17 November, 2018 which is jointly organised by UNESCO MGIEP and the Government of Andhra Pradesh and supported by the Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India. Prospective sponsors and Knowledge Partner of the event include Microsoft, Ubisoft, Unity Technologies, Samsung, HP, Tata Trusts, ISTE and AFS.
TECH 2018 aims to:
- Provide a platform for dialogue and capacity building across gaming, digital pedagogy and education
stakeholders, including students, teachers and young people;
- Showcase and demonstrate pedagogical possibilities opened up by gaming and digital technologies in
enabling learners to develop 21st century skills and competencies to shape peaceful and sustainable societies;
- Critically reflect upon and articulate institutional and ethical implications of embracing digital solutions to education.
Theme 1: Transformative Gaming and Digital Pedagogiesfor SEL
Theme 2: Beyond Four Walls of the Classroom
Theme 3: Transformative Gaming and Digital Pedagogiesfor STEM+
Theme 4: Artificial Intelligence and the Future of Education
Theme 5: The Institutional Framework for Application of Digital Technologies in Education: Towards Surveillance or Collaborative Intelligence?
- TECH 2018 is open for experts and practitioners in the field of education technology and education for peace, sustainable development and global citizenship comprising of Ministers of Education, senior policy makers, education technology specialists, educators and teachers, curriculum designers, researchers, learners, students, game designers, ed-tech exhibitors and more.
- Financial assistance may be available for select candidates from developing countries.UNESCO is committed to achieving diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture.
- Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply.
- All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
How to Apply
Applicants can apply via given website.
For further information, please visit MGIEP.