Deadline: 7 February 2017
Applications are open for the 3rd Annual AFS Asia-Pacific International Global Citizenship Education Forum that will connect educators, intercultural learning practitioners and researchers with employers and corporations plus governments, institutions, policy-makers and others in Asia-Pacific who have a stake in the future of the region and its most precious commodity: its people.
The theme of the Forum will be Global Citizenship Education: Essential for Employability and the 21st Century Workforce.
AFS Intercultural Program is to truly make intercultural learning opportunities and global citizenship education more accessible, relevant and actionable for all people worldwide, both in and outside of the classroom.
- What are key intercultural learning and global competencies required for the economies and jobs of tomorrow?
- How are these competencies defined, delivered and measured by employers? by educators?
- How do employers prioritize intercultural and global competencies when looking for candidates?
- How can educators include intercultural learning and global competency development in their curricula?
- How can learners better express and demonstrate their intercultural learning and global competencies to meet employers’ needs?
- How can employers and educators work together to align opportunities?
- Meet and network with regional leaders from the education, policy and corporate sectors to exchange ideas, opportunities and practices.
- Gain a better understanding of how intercultural skills and global citizenship are necessary in the 21st Century workplace and why developing these competencies must go hand-in-hand alongside science, math, technology and engineering within our education systems.
- Identify strategies appropriate to your role for incorporating and increasing intercultural learning and global citizenship education in your curricula.
- Become familiar and share with your colleagues the latest methodologies, research, programming opportunities and resources available to incorporate intercultural learning and global citizenship education into your work—whether in schools or in corporates.
- Identify strategies and plans for joint actions that will raise awareness of the value of intercultural and global citizenship skills in the 21st Century workplace for both learners and employers.
How to Apply
Interested applicants must apply online via given website.
For more information, please visit AFS Asia-Pacific International Forum.