Deadline: 2 October 2017
British Council is seeking applications for its Alumni Awards 2017-18 in order to celebrate the outstanding achievements of alumni and showcase the impact and value of a UK higher education.
Award winners and finalists are leaders in their fields who have used their experience of studying at a UK university to make a positive contribution to their communities, professions and countries.
- Finalists and winners at all levels (national, regional and global) will benefit from their global profile being made more visible through press and publicity opportunities, and building their professional networks.
- The three Global Alumni Award winners will be invited to the UK for a professional networking opportunity in summer 2018.
The Alumni Awards are open to individuals who:
- Are currently residing in any country outside of the UK;
- are alumni who were officially enrolled at a recognised UK Higher Education Institution, having studied at degree level, in the last 15 years (i.e. in/from 2002 or onwards), either physically in the UK at that institution for a minimum of one term/semester, or have been awarded a full UK degree level (or higher) qualification, by a recognised or listed UK university, through a local branch campus or institution outside the UK.
All eligible applications will be assessed on the extent to which they meet the following four criteria:
- Impact: evidence of tangible impact, and scale of impact, of your work (inspired by your UK education) in your profession/community/society.
- UK Influence: evidence of how your UK education has played a key influence in your success and impact.
- Media Traction: Extent to which your success story is likely to resonate with local/regional/national media in your country of entry, or beyond (global media).
- Potential To Influence And Inspire: Extent to which (including capacity and willingness) you and your story are likely to influence and inspire the next generation of prospective internationally mobile students in your country of entry to choose the UK as their study destination.
How to Apply
Interested applicants must apply online via given website.
For more information, please visit Alumni Awards 2017-18.