Deadline: 31 December 2016
For Israeli applicant, the application deadline is January 18th, 2017.
The U.S.-Middle East Partnership Initiative (MEPI) is seeking applications from students for its “Student Leaders Program” to support their civic engagement efforts.
The Student Leaders program is an intensive, approximately 6-week exchange program to the United States for up to 120 undergraduate students from the Middle East and North Africa.
Participants have the opportunity to meet their American peers, engage in local community service activities, and observe and take part in the governmental process on the local, state, and federal levels.
- Students from the countries mentioned below eligible countries are eligible.
- This program is open to university students between the ages of 20 and 24.
- Program seeks a gender-balanced pool of candidates and gives preference to traditionally underserved participants when possible.
- While nominees may be undergraduate or graduate students in any field of academic specialization, it is critical that they exhibit a serious interest in pursuing leadership opportunities in their home countries and demonstrate a desire to deepen their civic engagement.
- Those who have traveled to the U.S. or studied abroad are ineligible.
- Applicants should demonstrate sufficient English-language skills to participate in U.S. university-level classes and must be enrolled in and attending a university in their home countries.
- At the time of application and while participating in the program, participants cannot hold U.S. citizenship or be a U.S. Legal Permanent Resident.
How to Apply
Applicants must apply for the program online via given website.
Eligible Countries: Algeria, Bahrain, Iraq, Israel, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Morocco, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Syria, Tunisia, and West Bank/Gaza.
For more information, please visit Student Leaders Program.