The aim of this selection is to promote good practices in the area of young and adult education implemented by civil society organizations in the fourteen-member countries of Pamoja AO in general but particularly in countries such as Burkina Faso, Gambia, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Liberia, Niger, Nigeria, and Sierra Leone.
The objectives assigned to this process are to:
- Identify good adult education practices in targeted fragile countries;
- Give prizes to the organizations implementing the good practices identified;
- The document identified good practices of adult education;
- Disseminate good practices at local, national, regional, and international levels.
- five good practices of adult education implemented by CSOs / NGOs from fragile countries such as Burkina Faso, Gambia, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Liberia, Niger, Nigeria, and Sierra Leone are selected;
- the organizations implementing good practices are awarded;
- 5 documents of good practice in adult education in West Africa are developed and disseminated within the partner networks of PamojaWest Africa and to the governments of member countries.
- Be a non-political, non-profit local, national or international organization in the education sector or in the promotion of SDG-4;
- Have a clear legal status;
- Be officially registered and operating in one of the fourteen-member countries of Pamoja West Africa.
- Have at least five (5) years of experience in the education sector, specifically in the field of literacy and adult education.
For the best practices to be submitted
- Be implemented between 2017 and 2020;
- Specifically target young people over 15 years of age and adults in rural and urban areas, including in family literacy and intergenerational learning approaches;
- Have an original and innovative character.
For more information, visit https://www.pamoja-west-africa.org/call-for-proposals-for-best-practices-in-adult-education-in-west-africa/