Deadline: December 03, 2023
The United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) is accepting applications for the “Change makers in Action: Activism against Gender-Based Violence” Video Competition to raise awareness about the gender-based violence and domestic violence in Tajikistan, the importance of promoting women’s rights, gender equality, women’s education, and family health by addressing traditional narratives and stereotypes through impactful social media videos.
This year’s theme is “UNITE! Invest to prevent violence against women and girls.”
- The finalists will have their videos shown at the 16 Days of Activism event in Dushanbe and promoted through UNDP social media platforms.
Who can participate?
- Participation is open to everyone, including individuals or organizations. Your submission must state your organization if applicable.
- Participants under the age of 18 years must have prior consent from their legal guardians and confirm this when completing the application form.
- There is no participation fee to enter the competition.
What to submit?
- All participants will submit the following:
- Link to the video (up to 2 minutes and 20 seconds) published on a social media platform (TikTok, Instagram, Facebook, or other platforms) containing the hashtag #16DaysOfActivismTJK. Make sure the video is set to public in the Privacy settings of your social media platform.
- A short description (around 150 words) in Tajik, Russian or English of the scenario/story, and its relevance and relation to the theme.
- A signed form to agree to Copyright Authorization, and declaration of video ownership in the Video Competition form. In the case of applicants under 18, a signed form to agree that permission from legal guardians has been granted.
- Any participants suspected of cheating will be disqualified from the competition. No logos, URLs, telephone numbers, or calls that solicit directly for monetary donations should be included in any material.
- All entries will be reviewed to determine if they meet the criteria before entering the competition. The following criteria will be applied to judge the submitted video:
- Relevance to the 16 Days of Activism theme
- Engagement (likes, reposts, comments on the social media video)
For more information, visit UNDP.