Deadline: 15 November 2019
The Young African Leaders Initiative Regional Leadership Center Southern Africa (YALI RLC-SA) and the Trevor Noah Foundation have partnered to invest in a new generation of young African champions for education quality.
Programme implementation will be completed in two phases:
- four weeks of intensive classroom training focused on foundational leadership skills and the application of business and public institution management tools for the education sector
- six months of post-graduation coaching and mentoring.
The Young African Leaders Initiative (YALI) is a signature effort to invest in the next generation of African leaders, hosted by the University of South Africa at the Graduate School of Business Leadership in Midrand, South Africa.
- There is no fee to apply for or participate in the programme.
- Successful applicants will be provided round-trip transportation to the program, lodging, meals, and course materials.
- All other costs will be at the participant’s expense.
- Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Young leaders, ages (18-35)
- Demonstrated commitment to positively impact their communities, countries and the African continent
- Involvement and/or experience in the Education sector
- Nationals of Angola, Botswana, Comoros, Lesotho, Malawi, Madagascar, Mauritius, Mozambique, Namibia, Seychelles, South Africa, Eswatini, Zambia and Zimbabwe.
- Ability to commit to a four-week residential training program
- English language proficiency
- The programme encourages applications from:
- Young African Leaders in the education sector i.e. principals, teachers, education enterprises or nonprofits, and policymakers
- Rural based and economically disadvantaged young leaders
- Young leaders with disabilities
- People who are HIV positive or living with AIDS
- Individuals that represent and advocate for the rights of LGBTI communities across the region
- Other minority groups
How to Apply
Applications must be submitted via given website.
Eligible Countries: Angola, Botswana, Comoros, Lesotho, Malawi, Madagascar, Mauritius, Mozambique, Namibia, Seychelles, South Africa, Eswatini, Zambia, Zimbabwe
For more information, please visit https://yalisouthernafrica.melimu.com/faq/programme.php