Deadline: 1 December 2016
The Embassy of Japan in Sweden, under the Japan Foundation is seeking applicants for its Exchange Programme. This supports exchanges between Japan and other countries within the arts and humanities in order to carry out programmes and activities.
- Arts and Cultural Exchange
- Japanese-Language Education Overseas
- Japanese Studies and Intellectual Exchange
- Strengthening Cultural Exchange in Asia
- The project is not for the advancement of specific political or religious views.
- (In the case of an organization) One or more of the following, (a) to (c), are not applicable to your organization.
- Japanese government (including national institutions), local public organizations (including public universities, public junior high schools, public high schools, and other public institutions), government-affiliated organizations, incorporated administrative agencies, local incorporated administrative agencies, national university corporations (including public junior high schools and public high schools)
- Governments of other countries (including administrative agencies such as ministries and agencies, but excluding research and educational institutions), foreign diplomatic missions in Japan
- International organizations (intergovernmental organizations that the Japanese government contributes to)
- (In the case of an overseas organization) The organization has a bank account for receiving grants, or is able to set up a bank account before the grant payment period.
- The receipt of a grant or other form of subsidies from the Japan Foundation is not in violation of any laws or regulations in the applicant’s country.
How to Apply
Interested applicants must apply online via given website.
- East Asia: People’s Republic of China, Hong Kong, Japan, Republic of Korea, Macau, Mongolia, Taiwan
- Southeast Asia: Brunei, Cambodia, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Myanmar, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, Timor-Leste, Vietnam
- South Asia: Bangladesh, Bhutan, India, Maldives, Nepal, Pakistan, Sri Lanka
- Oceania: Australia, Cook Islands, Fiji, Kiribati, Marshall, Micronesia, Nauru, New Zealand, Niue, Palau, Papua New Guinea, Samoa, Solomon, Tonga, Tuvalu, Vanuatu
- North America: Canada, United States of America
- Central America: Antigua and Barbuda, The Bahamas, Barbados, Belize, Costa Rica, Cuba, Dominica, Dominican Republic, El Salvador, Grenada, Guatemala, Haiti, Honduras, Jamaica, Mexico, Nicaragua, Panama, Saint Christopher and Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Trinidad and Tobago
- South America: Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Ecuador, Guyana, Paraguay, Peru, Suriname, Uruguay, Venezuela
- Western Europe: Andorra, Austria, Belgium, Cyprus, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Malta, Monaco, Netherlands, Norway, Portugal, San Marino, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, United Kingdom, Vatican
- Eastern Europe: Albania, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Estonia, Georgia, Hungary, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyz Republic, Kosovo, Latvia, Lithuania, Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia, Moldova, Montenegro, Poland, Romania, Russia, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, Ukraine, Uzbekistan
- Middle East: Afghanistan, Bahrain, Iran, Iraq, Israel, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Oman, Palestinian Interim Self-Government Authority, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Syria, Turkey, United Arab Emirates, Yemen
- North Africa: Algeria, Egypt, Libya, Morocco, Sudan, Tunisia
- Africa: Angola, Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Central Africa, Chad, Comoros, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Republic of Congo, Cote d’Ivoire, Djibouti, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gabon, The Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Mauritius, Mozambique, Namibia, Niger, Nigeria, Rwanda, Sao Tome and Principe, Senegal, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Somalia, Republic of South Africa, South Sudan, Swaziland, Tanzania, Togo, Uganda, Zambia, Zimbabwe
For more information, please visit Exchange Programme.