Deadline: 8 June 2018
The Forum for African Women Educationalists Regional Secretariat (FAWE RS) with support from the Mastercard Foundation, is seeking applications for its Higher Education Access Program to enable a total of 300 young women and men from the disadvantaged regions of Uganda to access, transition through higher education and secure employment in sectors that contribute to the development of their home communities.
The program is being implemented in partnership with particular institutions: Busitema University; Mbarara University of Science and Technology; Gulu University; Jinja School of Nursing and Midwifery; and, Medical Laboratory Technology Training School, Jinja with 60% of slots dedicated towards degree courses and 40% towards diploma courses.
This will be achieved through two (2) specific student-focused objectives:
- To provide bursaries to 300 bright students from economically disadvantaged backgrounds in Eastern, Northern and Western Uganda to access and complete higher education;
- To provide academic and psycho-social support and facilitate pathways for the students to internships, industrial practice and employment.
- The applicant must be aged between 18 and 25 years;
- The applicant must have sat his/her advanced level (S.6) examinations in 2017;
- The applicant must be applying for direct entry into the partner institutions of learning for the academic year 2018/2019;
- The applicant must have been born in and be a resident of any of the 13 programme districts of Bukwo, Buyende, Katakwi, Mayuge, Buliisa, Bundibugyo, Kanungu, Ntoroko, Adjumani, Amudat, Amuru, Kaabong and Pader;
- The applicant must have attended Ordinary or Advanced Level Education in any of the 13 programme districts;
- Applicants who sat their Advanced Level Education (S6) examinations in schools outside their districts of birth but within the specific regions of Eastern, Northern and Western Uganda qualify to apply for the bursaries;
- The applicant must be qualified for admission into the following programme areas of study: Agricultural Sciences, Medical and Health Sciences and Education courses (Science and Literature, degree only);
- The applicant must not be a current beneficiary of any other bursary scheme or scholarship;
- Other vulnerability aspects to be considered include: young people living with disability, HIV/AIDS–infected or affected, orphaned (total or partial);
- The Applicant must be willing to give back to his/her community through development services.
How to Apply
Applicants can apply via given website.
Eligible Country: Uganda
For further information, please visit FAWERS.